THE NIGHT BEFORE RACE DAY WITH BRONSON.......
• The nurses tell Bronson he has a race in the morning.
• Like any boy, he gets very excited and doesn’t want to fall asleep.
• His race shirt, shorts, shoes, happy socks and head band are laid out perfectly for a quick change during the early morning hours.
• His signature spikey hair must be prepared too. By his race uniform is his hair gel (a boy needs to look good at the starting line).
• His race chair is disassembled and packed in his van.
• His iPad is fully charged and emergency meds are prepared ahead of time.
**With excitement of race day ahead, everyone tries to sleep.**
• He wakes up with a ‘game face’ and lots of laughter!
• Usually before the sun comes up, everyone (Team Bronson) meets Bronson in their lime green shirt at the race site stretching and getting pumped up!
• His chair is assembled with a BIG lime green flag attached and inspected for the race ahead.
• He is then picked up and transferred from the wheel chair to the race chair.
**AT THIS POINT, IT IS GAME ON!!!**
• Racing Bibs are pinned on the chair and his team.
• The starting line is all we see!
• The pep talks at the starting line, high fives, and ‘we own this Bronson’ are the words from the runners.
**AND THE REST IS HISTORY!**
• Pictures are worth a thousand words!!!! As long as we have legs Bronson will race!!!
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE POSSIBLE AND IMPOSSIBLE LIES IN DETERMINATION!!!
• Every mile brings a smile....
• The Wolfson Children's Challenge celebrates patients' lives while benefitting the region's only children's hospital.
During this year’s 2017 Wolfson Children’s Challenge Ultra 55K Relay Race, Team Bronson had 22 participating runners. Each runner relayed a 5K. Some of the participants for ‘Team Bronson’ traveled from outside the Jacksonville, Florida area to run and cheer on the team. Every year, this event features 55 children who share their inspiring stories. This year Bronson was one of 55 children honored during the event. Bronson who suffered a severe brain injury at birth has gone through multiple procedures and continues his treatments as Wolfson Children’s Hospital. Team Bronson was honored to be a part of this historic children’s hospital event.